Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Here we go again...

Yes, here we go again. I am back to school for my intermediate education this coming Saturday.....

What can I say? Everybody in our family is very educated. My human step-brothers are also educated. One will become a lawyer in about a year and the other is a junior in college. They both work really hard in school. So, I, a cute and bright Dachshund, feel a need to be educated, too.... I am part of the family!!!

My mom and dad are those people who value education among some other things (I heard they spent years and years in schools themselves). They believe our future lies in the education we receive. As a result, they enrolled me in school so that I would have as much education as my little brain could handle (they had zero idea my brain is so well functioning, despite its size. In other words, I am one of the very bright and smart dogs! -- really).

My first class going to school? --- it was a beginner education.. It took 8 weeks and I learned so much. Needless to say, I was one of a few top students in class (I don't need anyone to tell me that... I just know it!!). I picked up things pretty fast and "do better in school than at home" -- THAT was how mom and dad perceived me (in my defense, I do well at home, too, as long as treats are involved)... Well, I just wanted to make them proud when they were with other pet parents. I also wanted to impress my trainer. She was a nice and kind lady (and her treats were so yummy and different from mom and dad's)... I knew my mom and dad liked her a lot....

Here was some of what I learned in my beginner class: sit, wait, sit-stay, down-stay, when to pay attention to dad and mom when I need to. It was a lot of fun in class bonding and practicing with mom and dad, getting treats, and making new friends... Some of my friends in this class were puppies but some were grownups (but I might be the most handsome young canine in class!!!!)

This beginner class was completed in early April. Dad decided to give me a little break before enrolling me in a next class, intermediate education (I told you mom and dad value education and I have to make them proud!).... Do not think I got to be out of school completely during my break (even though during the break we went on a vacation at Disney World -- fun tales to tell later, you all). Mom and dad homeschool me every day, still !!!!


Proof of my achievement -- I graduated a beginner class of Spring 2009!


I very well remember my graduation day. We had our pictures taken with me wearing a 'grad' cap... Mom had teary eyes (I knew she was so proud of me) while dad kept smiling (I think he knew he had very cute smiles). They were so proud of me and my achievement. I was a graduate !!!


Mom and me on my graduation day (wow!!! I was so handsome!)

That's all I have to say about my first achievement. I was proud of myself.... In a few days, I will go back to school and learn as much as I can (don't worry, I am smart -- I know there will be a lot of treats involved as usual....drooool...) and make mom and dad proud once again... I can hardly wait!!!!

Root for me, you all.
P.A.W.
xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment