Friday, May 8, 2009

I was getting fat!!!!


I have been with mom and dad for over 2 months now.....Doesn't sound like a long time, does it? Well, it is not, but my every day is full of love and fun and a bit of adventures here and there. And I have a lot to tell !!!!

What should I tell in my today's tale? Let me think..... For the continuation to the yesterday's tale where I mentioned my yummy food and it making me put on some pounds, today I shall tell you about my weight..... I was getting fat !!!!!

"Perry is getting fat" Well, that's what I heard and it'd been only over a month since my moving in with mom and dad. They decided that I was getting fat. Dad also called me "a fat boy." How insulting!! Mom complained, too, as she carried me up to the couch, "Perry, you are getting heavier and heavier, baby."

All of this happened because mom happened to find online about Dachshunds, obesity, and how easily we get fat. On the page, there were also illustrations of how we, Dachshaunds, should look like - healthy (http://www.nonprofitnw.org/drnw/id47.html)... Both mom and dad mutually agreed that my waist line was getting a little bit too wide now.. My trainer at Pet Smart concurred, too. Sigh**.. (yes, I was getting education to become an educated Dachshund).


Did I look fat or it's dad's chair that made me look fat?????


Well, needless to say. Mom put me on diet! Sorta... Can you believe that? From the day mom and dad decided I was getting fat to this day, mom (who is in charge of my meals) has been more careful on the amount of food she gives me.

I was on a diet plan.... Less food in the bowl each meal!!! :( "Am I going to get starving to death?," I asked myself. How could I tell her I wanted more food? After each meal, I made sure nobody could tell what was in my bowl before I got to it. I made sure I licked my bowl clean! After each meal, I followed mom to the kitchen and looked at her to let her know I wanted more food -- with no success..

Thankfully, I was in training (as I mentioned earlier, I was going to school). That meant a lot of treats to get me do what mom and dad wanted me to do coming my way at least a few times a day. Beef with brown rice, cheese, biscuits.. you name it.. Yummy yummy...(drooool).. I tried to get mom to get me more treats by doing what she (my sergeant) told me to (a.k.a being obedient to the sergeant). I didn't think she was aware of this.. She thought I was a good boy... Sometimes I am too smart !!!!!

Well, you may wonder if I have ever lost weights..... Even though mom always watches what I eat and how much, I have not seemed to lose any. My weight has been maintained at around 18 lbs. I think I look best at this number (you all agree????). I couldn't (and still can't - when thinking about it) believe that mom and dad thought I was getting fat.... Really, look at my pics above and tell me if I was fat. I wasn't convinced that I was getting fat!!!! Sigh****

Good day, you all. And watch what you eat!!

P.A.W.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment