Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Ugly Dachshund...


Nope, you all... I am not referring to myself!! That is definitely not me (would you agree???). I am certainly not an ugly Dachshund even though I am not a 100% Dachshund!!!

"Ugly Dachshund" is the name of a 1966 Disney's movie mom and dad watched this past weekend. It was about a Great Dane puppy named Brutus who grew up with 3 Dachshund puppies and their mom. As a result, he believed he was also a Dachshund !!

It looked like mom and dad enjoyed this movie very much. I, trying to nap in mom's lap while mom and dad were watching this movie, was interrupted by their loud laughs many times during the 1.5 hours. I also heard mom say "they are so cute" numerous times during the course of viewing that movie. I wasn't sure to whom mom was actually referring. Obviously it was not me!!!!!!

I am not sure who the ugly Dachshund is.... But one thing I am sure of -- I am NOT ugly (mom and dad will utterly and completely agree with me)!!!! It's true that I am a mutt, but I am also very cute, you all (mom and dad will certainly agree with this, as well)..... I believe I possess a lot of Dachshund traits. Dad can confirm this as he often refers to me as a Dachshund mix with mostly Dachshund (THAT usually makes me wonder what else is in me????).


Well, my head is well-shaped even though it doesn't look exactly like real Dachshunds'.
My ears, despite being a little too small, are also proportionate with the size of my head....



And look at my chest...That's a Dachshund's!!! We need big chest so that we will have loud barks in case we get stuck in a hole while hunting badgers, we will be heard and rescued by our masters....



I am also muscular as a Dachshund should be because I am a hunting dog!!



Look how looooong my body is!!




And hey, my legs are also short (only 5.5" high) and my paws are also cute
even though they are not wrinkly like the real Dachshunds'.

Plus, there is not a day that goes by without me making mom and dad laugh -- usually many times a day. That is one of the Dachshunds' jobs as we are known as being comical.... :) Admittedly, I am also stubborn just like Dachshunds are. My hearing is also selective, which means I only hear what I want to hear. For example, when I am out lying in the sun and mom tells me to come back into the house, I just choose not to hear her (and even though mom starts to gently drag me, I still do not get up. Instead of being mad, mom finds that funny and then laugh at me!). :) Or when I am under the bed and refuse to come out of there when mom calls me.

Having said all that, though, some of my personalities are not exactly like Dachshunds' (of course, I am a mutt after all...). For example, I never dig (or seem to have any interest in digging) holes in our yards. When I am out there, I feel content just to enjoy the sun and breezes that touch my coat and face.... I am also very trainable (they say Dachshunds are known to be very hard to train, including housebreaking). Mom and dad can back me up on this one (I'm so proud of myself right now!).

This is what I usually look like in the yard enjoying the sunshine and breezes.
No digging, you all!!



Anyway, I am happy to be me even though I am a mutt and don't know what else is in me..... That doesn't matter any more since mom and dad think I am a very good boy and perfect for them. That says it all about me.

And I am not an ugly Dachshund for sure, you all.

P.A.W.
xoxoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment