Thursday, May 14, 2009

It's a guy thing.


I'm sorry if I sound a bit sexist.... But this is really a guy thing. If you are a true guy like me, I'm sure you can relate to this. :)

Generally, guys like to hang out with guys, right? Of course!!! That's why I like hanging out with my dad when he is home. No matter where he is in the house -- in the office or in his big chair -- I'll be there trying to hang out with him (I sometimes try to hang out with him in the bathroom, too, but he wouldn't let me). Well, I think you get a picture. I follow him around trying to hang out with him as much as possible (He is the only guy in our home, you know? Mom is not a guy. I kind of wish she was).....



When I say 'hanging out,' I mean leaning against, clinging on, sitting, or even napping with him... Sometimes, though, when he is at his computer, hanging out simply means staying quietly (and playing with my toy) in a sofa behind him or lying quietly underneath the desk (and occasionally exploring the trash can -- also quietly).... Whatever it is, it's so cool hanging out with my dad.. He is a cool guy.. and it's just a guy thing, you know!



Don't get me wrong. I love mom and she is such a sweet little lady (when I say "little, " I mean it literally). We hang out all day every day and I enjoy hanging out with her. I especially like hanging out with her when she puts me in training (you all know what I mean, right? training, treats....yep!). But, when dad is home, I hang out more with dad. Mom is so understanding. She lets me hang out with dad as much as I want. After all, I'm sure she knows it's a guy thing....

One thing, though, I don't quite understand... Even though dad likes hanging out with me (he is the real guy, you know?), he never lets me drink with him... Whenever he has a glass of wine, no matter how much I show my interest in tasting it (or even sniffing it), dad won't let me. I don't understand this -- mom said red wine is good for your health if you drink in moderation. So, why does dad not let me drink it? I guess, maybe, he tries to be protective of me since I am still a minor (When will I turn 21, can anyone tell me? Or should I ask mom?). Well, I can't wait until I turn 21 and I'm sure my dad will let me have a glass of wine (or even a martini) with him... I'm sure it is a guy thing also for true guys like dad and me to drink together and have a good time!!!!

Speaking of hanging out with guys, it's been so much fun at home this week since I have my two human step-brothers visiting. They are so cool and handsome (just like me!!!). I like them a lot and they like me, too. They even hang out with me! I am sure I'll miss hanging out with them when they leave. But hey, they will be back and until then, I still have my cool dad to hang out with -- every day....

I'll keep hanging out with my dad. He is my role model and a really cool guy. Most importantly, hanging out with guys is a guy thing.... I'm a real guy, so I do what real guys do!

Keep hanging out with your family, you all. It's awesome. :)

P.A.W.
xoxoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment