Thursday, May 7, 2009

My first days....


Here I was, moving in with mom and dad..... Even though I just met them for a few moments, I knew this was going to be very very good!!!

Coming from a shelter, I was not in my optimal shape. Even though I was a clean-cut cute looking Dachshund mix, I was a bit underweight. My coat was also kind of dull..... :(


My first days with mom and dad


The first few days following moving in, I just didn't feel like eating. First of all, I was post-op (Remember? they removed my balls the day I moved in with mom and dad!). Second of all, it was all new to me and I was adjusted (I also acted a bit reserved to see what kind of people mom and dad were) . After I felt better from my surgery; became used to my new home, new routine; and saw that mom and dad were loving people, I started eating again (And since then, you would be dreaming if you saw me ignore any food or treats!!!). Thanks to dad, he got me very yummy food. Not only was it very yummy, it also did magic on my coat.... My coat started getting shinier and smoother!! Mom loved it and kept patting me over and over (and I enjoyed being patted a whole lot!!).... Before long, I started puting on some pounds, too.... :)

I was a little shy and quiet boy for the first couple of weeks.... After that???? Well, my personality started pouring out (it didn't take long for me to get comfortable becoming myself again - gradually). Nope, not all bad, you all. Mom and dad let me be myself. Some whining wouldn't hurt, right? Yeah, I whined a little on occasion. I still do, also on occasion... :)





I was right from the get-go. My life with mom and dad was going to be very good... and it was very very good!!!!

More later, you all. Have a great day.

P.A.W.
xoxoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment