Friday, May 22, 2009

A month ago at WDW --- (3)

I did make it fine the first night and I was glad I did. But, boy....staying at a hotel without mom and dad and the feel of home was rough for me....

Mom and dad came to walk and play with me at least twice a day (some days, they surprised me by their third visit of the day at night, too!!)…. Nonetheless, things were not like my homey home. I just have to admit -- it was pretty rough not being home with mom and dad. I never tell this to mom and dad because I am afraid they may not take me with them next time they go to WDW. It would be terrible if I was left in a Kennel at home without seeing them for days.….


Here how things went for me during my stay at an Epcot hotel WDW:

First, I didn’t feel much hungry for the first few days (strange, huh!....you know me well enough to know that I’d eat anything any time without hesitance)….But here, I was even surprised at myself. I didn’t eat much of my breakfast and dinner (but after the first few days, you all, I licked my bowl clean once again just like I always do at home).

As you may have heard, there is such thing called "stress" that was to blame for my not eating as normal (I didn’t know what it actually was, but I heard the ladies at the hotel tell mom and dad several times that it was the cause of my not eating). All right, then... it’s stress... And who wouldn't be stressed out with all the yapping my cousins did! I'm a well-behaved, quiet guy; but some of my hotel mates weren't quite as quiet and it didn't take much to set them off (I tried to be a good example for them, but they'd rather yell for their mommies and daddies).....




Second, my bowels did not function properly (well, it must have been stress again that caused it, for lack of other things to blame). I did not “go” as regularly as I usually do at home and each time it looked 'funny' (I guess you all get the picture...I don’t want to get into too much detail here because it’s not pretty, really)….. To my surprise again, I even “do my business” in my suite during the night every night!!!! Don’t ask me why, I guess my suite was just too spacious, So, there was more room for me to “go” when my bowels didn’t cooperate with me. I couldn't believe what “stress” could make you do…. It made me, a well-mannered Dachshund, a pooping machine!!!!!!!

Mom and dad were of course very concerned about me and my well-being. They tried to come see me as often as they could to take me out potty, some days even late at night (as I told you earlier). That helped a lot (but apparently not with my bowel function) because, at least, I could be 100% certain I was not forgotten. Well, let me tell ya….it would not be easy, especially for mom, to forget me…. I knew she missed me so much that she secretly wished she could stay with me in my suite!!!!!




Despite all the so-called stress, there were some good things staying here at the hotel without mom and dad. First, I felt like I was a real big boy without mom’s supervision 24/7. And second, there was stuff for me to chase when I was out walking with mom and dad that we didn’t have at home (I didn't even know what they were). Mom told me they were rabbits, birds, and squirrels…. It was a lot of fun chasing them when I saw them on the ground. But, boy, I wasn't able to catch any of them. I was fast, you all, but they were just faster.... Some of them could even fly and climb up trees!!!!

It was rough (but also fun and exciting) staying at my hotel at WDW. And even though I was under stress since day one of my stay (as everyone here seemed to think so), I still maintained 100% of my cuteness and playfulness…. I still looked as handsome as a Dachshund could be. My spirits were up, especially when mom and dad came visit. The people working at my hotel told my mom and dad I was a sweetheart. People who saw me while I was out walking couldn't help but noticed that I was a happy dog…. :) Well, I was just happy to be here at WDW with mom and dad !!!!



And I was even happier when mom and dad came pick me up.... Yes, you all. We were going home!!

P.A.W.
xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment