Thursday, May 21, 2009

A month ago at WDW --- (2)


Today was the day we were heading to WDW..... Six and a half hours on the road sounded like a lot of fun to me. There would be a lot to see !!!

Before the trip, mom and dad bought a smaller crate for me so that it would fit in the back seat of dad's sports car (he doesn't like it when I put my paws on it, but how can I open the door on all fours?). They had also been a little concerned about my behavior in the car (as if they didn't know me well!), so they bought me a new toy and a big bone, hoping they would keep me occupied during the ride (good for me, don't you think??? I already had a stuffed kong but they knew it would not keep me occupied for long). Mom also stocked up on a lot of treats for me during the week I would be at my hotel.

We left our home around 8:30. Well, who would think I would behave myself really well. I whined a little bit at first (don't tell mom and dad this -- It's my trick to get mom to give me the treats to keep me quiet!!) but after a while I decided to get settled. My crate was in the back seat behind mom's seat. So I could get a good view of dad driving and the front views of the interstate. To be honest with you, it was awesome being in the car with mom and dad on this trip. I was still excited but calm and collected all at the same time.... What a good boy I was. :)




Because it was my first long trip with mom and dad, I had no idea how good dad was as a driver (I had only been in the car with him locally). So, I felt like I had to supervise dad's driving to make sure he did a good job to keep mom and me safe. Therefore, for the first 4-5 hours of the trip, I tried to situate myself in the corner of the crate where I could get to see (in other words, supervise) dad well and also to get the cold air directly from the vent (I was not only cute but also responsible and smart all at the same time!!!)....

It was difficult for me not to snooze off during those hours (I failed to stay awake a few times but managed to wake up immediately when I realized I dozed off!!) Oh, boy...I knew I was not a watch dog or anything close to it, but I just had to make sure dad did a good job on the road!!!! I was so focused on my duty that I ignored my bone and my little duckie.... Well, a boy's got to do what he's got to do. (Duckie was my new toy that I managed to chew off her plastic feet only a few hours after mom and dad gave her to me the night before the trip.)



It wasn't until about an hour to our destination that I felt at ease and decided that dad was a good driver. So, I took a little nap. My nap wasn't long enough, though, because I couldn't stay asleep for long. I was too excited to get to my hotel. Who wouldn't be??



Finally, we arrived at Epcot around 4 p.m. ET -- mom and dad checked me in to my hotel first. You'd not believe how clean and spacious my suite was.... It was in the front row where I could have a peek of mom and dad when they came see me. Here in my suite, I was allowed to have all my toys and bone and my bedding from home. Mom and dad also brought my food for me because they didn't want me to switch food. I even had my own locker for my other stuff. Cool, wasn't it?

It was weird, admittedly, to be alone in my suite alone without mom and dad in spite of many hotelmates all around. Before long, mom and dad came again to take me out to play and walk. I was so excited to see them. I knew mom missed me very much. She hugged me so tightly!! We had a great time playing in a big green yard in front of Epcot (that was the big yard where I chased some weird creatures while staying at this Epcot hotel). Dad even took some pics of me with that Epcot's huge ball!!!!


Me with mom on the day we arrived at my hotel @ Epcot
Can you see the big ball behind us? That's Epcot, you all....

I knew it would not be easy spending the first night alone in my hotel suite. But I also knew I would make it past tonight just fine..... I did, but........

Still more to tell, you all.

P.A.W.
xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment